Wednesday, January 3, 2007

Mamaw and Bampy



Those of us that are privileged to have family that come from the southern part of the States don't have a grandma or a grammy or a nana, etc. We have a mamaw. This is my mamaw and she is 86 years old. She has almost died 3 times but the Lord continues to give her back to us. She lives in a nursing home with Bampy (another southern name) and goes to dialysis 3 times a week. The Lord has allowed my grandparents to be married 67 years! We treasure every moment that we can be with them and just recently were able to visit them. I am so glad that my children have had the opportunity to know their great-grandparents!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How nice to put a name with a face! We have prayed for your Mamaw several times. Glad to read your blog! Keep the posts and pictures coming!

Betty 'Rie said...

Awww--it's Mamaw and Bampy! Thank you for posting those pics, Michelle! They look pretty good. The kids have gone home now and we are sad....the house is very empty. Wanna come back???

Anonymous said...

My name is Steve Lindsay-my father -Marvin Lindsay and mother Ruth Lindsay were friends of Frank and "Boots"-Dad and Frank worked for Halliburton. I think you must be "Skipper's" daughter? We, my wife Kathy and I will also pray for your grandparents and for your ministry-steven.lindsay@thrivent.com