Thursday, January 25, 2007

It "Squalled" Today!!

Yep!! You heard me! It "squalled" right here in Emmaus, PA TODAY! I am a Midwest girl and I had never in my life heard of a snow squall or had seen one until today. It was a beautiful, sunny morning and around 10:00 E.T. the temperature dropped, the wind kicked up, the clouds got dark and gray and the sky let loose! For 30 minutes it snowed like blizzard conditions. As quickly as it started, it stopped. The sun came out and an hour or 2 later you would have never known that it had snowed because everything was melted away. I had some great pictures but the computer that has the pictures in it decided to die AFTER the pictures were downloaded. My kids have not seen snow for 4 years. (Joshua has never touched it.) So we made the most of those 30 minutes. It packed just right and made great snowballs!! It can "squall" anytime it wants to!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

We liked the squall here too! Although, our ground still has a slight dusting leftover from it. The kids keep asking me when we can go out and play in the "snow?" :)

Anonymous said...

Is "squall" a snowstorm? I have never heard of that before! I'm glad Joshua and everyone got to experience snow!

When Graeme first came to the U.S. (he was 11 yrs. old), he had never seen snow, so the first time it snowed, he was allowed to leave his class and go outside to see and touch the snow. He said he will never forget it.

Good for Joshua! ;)

JLS said...

We had a little bit here too. I can't say I was as excited about it as you were. I am just cold and even though winter really just started, I've had enough!!

Sorry we missed having lunch with you guys. We got home as soon as we could.

Joyce

Anne said...

It was so nice too... while it lasted:o|... Hopefully we'll get some more snow before winter's over!

Betty 'Rie said...

It "squalled" here too!