Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Today Is the Day

Well, today is the day we have been feverishly packing for! 15 suitcases later we are ready to begin our journey "home". Are we excited? Yes. It has been our home and place of ministry for 14 years. Is it hard to leave? Always. I have come to the realization that I live in 2 worlds. When I'm here in the States I miss being in Chile and when I am in Chile I miss the people in the States. Every once in a while when we have visitors the 2 worlds come together for a brief moment of time and then separate again. I've come to realize that those 2 worlds will never completely come together until we reach heaven. So for the meantime we have to be happy in whichever world we are in knowing that someday we will all spend eternity together with the Lord and there will be no more good-byes.

3 comments:

Anne said...

Debbie W. always says "see ya later!" and that's true... some just might see you sooner than others;o)

Anonymous said...

Praying for you! Hope your flights went well. We were glad to hear that your suitcases were not over-weight!

Anonymous said...

I thought your analogy of the two worlds was very enlightening to us who are not on a foreign field. Many other missionaries have described the two worlds, but I never thought about the idea of them "coming together" one day in heaven! What a neat thought!

I hope you all get settled quickly...looking forward to hearing more from you, but now from a different continent!